Everyone one of us is well acquainted with the word Ayurveda. But Do you understand what things are used in the treatment process of the healing technique. Only few would have known that all of the herbs and spices we used daily in our meals cooking possess medicinal properties used in Ayurveda for e.g. garlic, onion, turmeric, clove, cardamom, cumin, coriander etc. Other than this, a no of medicinal plants found in India have very significant part in ayurvedic treatment. Ayurveda considers that body is Composed of three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Generally, one or two is dominant within the body. Their imbalance is the source of all diseases in the body. The fundamental tenet of Ayurveda is to take care of body with natural and holistic therapies. Ayurvedic medicines mainly strive to maintain a balance of physical body with mind and soul to attain inner harmony.
During the preparation of online ayurvedic medicine mainly portions of plants are used such as stems, leaves, twigs, roots, flowers. Occasionally some animal products such as milk, bones gallstones may also be used. Some minerals such as arsenic, aluminum, gold, lead are also added. The custom of adding minerals is called rasa shastra. In case of surgery, alcohol is used as a narcotic. Some of the important medicinal plants used in Ayurveda are.
- Tulsi: In addition to being worshiped, its leaves are used in gastric disturbances. Its juice is used during cough and cold and applied to skin in ring-worm. Root decoction is extremely great during malarial fever.
- Amla: Its round light yellow fruit Has many properties such as being digestive, carminative, anti-pyretic and tonic. It is mainly utilized in jaundice, hemorrhages and a number of other disorders.
- Sarpagandha: It provides very Effective remedy in hypertension due to the alkaloid reserpine within its roots. It provides significant results in high blood pressure, schizophrenia and insanity.
- Brahmi: Its fleshy stem and Leaves are extremely valuable in dealing with brain issues. Brahmi products are utilized during rheumatism, mental disorders, constipation.
- Ashwagandha: found in dryer parts of country this little shrub is nerve wracking and has analgesic properties.
- Neem: often called sarva rog nivarak, as each part this tree has medicinal value.
Villagers still utilize its twig to brush their teeth. Its oil is included in shampoos, soaps, balms, toothpastes to eliminate the diseases. Neem has its applications from skin disorders to cancer. The inclusion of minerals in these Plants merchandise is becoming a safety concern as could cause certain adverse outcomes. Although, practitioners reduce the deadly effects of minerals through purification but a rule was made to mention the proportion of mineral material in Ayurvedic medicines. All of the above described drugs, Like the western medicines don’t have any negative effect. An ayurvedic physician primarily recommends a natural path of herbs, appropriate diet, meditation, meditation to bring back the balance.